Thursday 19 April 2012

Our creative space...


We are always on the outlook for hand embroidered pieces to use for bags. I found six chinese beautifully embroidered pieces on Etsy, but the fabric is rag fine semitransparent silk.


I decided to applique them on felt with the help of a new needle punch attachment for the Bernina. For that you need wool roving in the same color as the felt.


Normal roving would do fine, but I found, again on Etsy, thin pencil roving and that makes things easier. First I go once all around the embroidery punching the roving on the felt and fabric.



Then I cut the silk close to the embroidery and go a second time with the roving and the needles.


It is a lot of work, but the result is an embroidery totally embedded in the felt and it looks great!


See more creative spaces at Our Creative Spaces.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lot of work, but what a beautiful way to use that gorgeous Chinese embroidery!

    ReplyDelete