Thursday 14 October 2010

Our Creative Space...


This week we've made a delicious bag. With a beautiful blue suede leather and a gorgeous vintage velvet, photographs are not doing any justice due to the cloudy weather but we will soon be able to take some decent pictures. Mum had to clip the pieces together as it was impossible to stick needles through the materials, again a nifty solution.
The velvet is atleast 50 years old. Mum has had it almost all her life as someone gave it to her as a kid to make doll clothes of it, but she found it too beautiful to use it and has kept it all these years, took it from Spain to Holland and then to Turkey. Only one bag came out of it, so this is a very special one!




 I'm making nice progress in my old Unfinished Project (you can see it in our previous creative space too).

 
Mum was kind enough to do all the outside lines of the flowers and branches so that I can easily see where I have to fill things up. I gave myself a deadline of 12 november, and yesterday night a quarter of it was finished. The border will be something interesting too, which you will see once the time comes :) I hold the embroidery hoop with both hands and make the tiny movements to fill up the flowers.


I made a picture with my hand so that you can see how large it is, wish me luck as embroidery thread is thin and loves to break often which gives alot of frustration :)


You can see more workspaces at Kootoyoo's blog!

13 comments:

  1. Wow Star, what a huge project that is. I'm curious how it will look like when finished. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is GORGEOUS ! *drools*
    What kind of stitch are you using for the tablecloth ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful embroidery! I can imagine how difficult this is. You need a lot of patience for sure. But at the end, gain a lot of happiness. The pattern and the colorchoice are gorgeous!

    About the velvet... it looks like, that might have as much fabric in the house as we do... We thought that's impossible :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That embroidery is really amazing, I can't wait to see the final result!
    And those clips are super clever, I'm always bending my pins and hurting my fingers with thick fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is extraordinarily beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh Estella, that embroidery becomes really delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is beautiful and made special due to the age of the velvet. My mum has a whole wardrobe full of fabrics accumulated over the years and never put to use. I hope I'll be brave enough to make use of some of them one day! :)

    The embroidery project is amazing! Estella, you and your mum are truly an incredible team. Good luck with finishing it off, it's a huge project but I'm sure you'll manage it perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green Marta: It is an a very small regular stich, you make the shapes with your hand movements. It needs some training and practising :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always amazed at this wonderful mother-daughter team! Wonderful work... as always :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creative space, as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an ambitious project! The embroidery looks amazing.
    And what a gorgeous bag. That velvet looks so special. Very clever with the clips. :)

    ReplyDelete