Thursday 7 October 2010

Our Creative Space...


In 1999 I attended a machine embroidery course. This is not the high tech way where you put some fabric and the machine does the work. You hold the fabric and with your hand movements it becomes something pretty, if you are doing it alright. Anyway, I finished some pieces during that course, which took all winter and close by the end I started a huge table cloth. Needless to say, I never was able to finish it during the course, but I also never laid my hands on it in the past 11 years.



Now that we are trying to finish our UFO's, this one has almost become vintage while waiting so now is the time to finally finish it. I've started yesterday, and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to show you the finished piece. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please :)


You can see more workspaces at Kootoyoo's blog!

12 comments:

  1. thats lots of work! good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is going to be beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. This method intrigues me, can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. Recently I tried machine embroidery and found it tricky. Visiting from Kootoyou. Chamaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you work Estella. Lovely pictures of you and the work under your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh can't wait to see it finished; so brave to pick it up again !

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    Can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece is amazing! I've never tried machine embroidery. It looks like one needs a lot of patient. You never cease to amaze me with all your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that's a lot of work. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah yes UFOs... so many here, I have a pullover that I never finished :D

    That embroidery looks stunning! Hope you'll get it done :) Talking about it on a blog is always a good way to get some pressure :P

    ReplyDelete